Businesses of all sizes can benefit from the installation of a CCTV system. Not only does it provide security for your employees and property, but it can also help to deter crime and provide evidence in the event that a crime is committed. Before you install a CCTV system, there are a few things you need to know.
What is a CCTV System and How Does it Work?
CCTV, or closed-circuit television, is a system that allows you to monitor your business property from a remote location. Images are captured by cameras and sent to a centralized recording device or they can be monitored by a company in real-time, like Live Eye Video Monitoring. This can be used to provide security for your employees and property, as well as to deter crime and provide evidence in the event of a crime.
What Do I Need For a Complete CCTV System?
When installing a CCTV system for your business, you’ll need more than just the cameras. You’ll need a recorder to store the footage, as well as software to view and manage the footage. In most cases, you’ll also need cables and connectors to connect the cameras to the recorder.
CCTV Cameras – You’ll need at least one camera to start, but the more cameras you have, the better coverage you’ll have.
CCTV Recorder – This is where all the footage from your cameras will be stored.
Software – In order to view and manage your footage, you’ll need software that can do this.
Cables and Connect – You’ll need cables to connect the cameras to the recorder, and connectors to attach the camera to the wall or ceiling.
How Can I Make Sure I’m Getting the Most Out of My CCTV System?
Once your CCTV system is installed, there are a few things you can do to make sure you’re getting the most out of it:
1. Keep Your Cameras Clean – Dirt and dust can build up on the lens of the camera and affect the quality of the footage. Be sure to clean your cameras regularly.
2. Check Your Cameras Regularly – Make sure your cameras are in good working order and aren’t damaged or obstructed.
3. Adjust Your Settings as Needed – Depending on what you’re using your CCTV system for, you may need to adjust the settings accordingly. For example, if you’re using it to monitor a specific area, you may want to adjust the focus of the camera.
4. Store Your Footage – Be sure to store your footage on a secure server or media so that it can be accessed if needed.
5. Use a Professional CCTV Company Install – When installing your CCTV system, it’s best to use a professional company that will ensure that your system is set up correctly and is functioning properly. Read more about the benefits of a professional install here.
It is always best to have a security company do an on-site consultation to ensure you have everything you need for a complete system. Eagle Eye One Security will provide a FREE consultation and provide a quote on the CCTV package best for your site complete with a professional installation.
Call Today For Your FREE Customized Quote Based On Your Businesses Layout and Goals!
Click To Call Toll-Free: 1-855-453-3307
Common CCTV System Questions Answered
- How Much Does a CCTV System Cost?
This depends on the size and complexity of the system. A basic system is very affordable but can cost more depending on the features and coverage that you need.
- Do I Need a Permit to Install a CCTV System?
In most cases, no. However, some municipalities may require a permit. It is best to check with your local authorities to be sure.
- Can I Monitor My CCTV Footage from my Phone or Computer?
Yes, most CCTV systems come with software that allows you to view and manage your footage from a remote location.
- Is My Business Required to Have a CCTV System?
There is no legal requirement to have a CCTV system, but it is highly recommended for businesses of all sizes.
Final Thoughts On Installing Your First CCTV System
Installing a CCTV system for your business can provide peace of mind in the event of a crime, as well as help you keep track of what’s going on at your business premises. In this article, we’ve answered some common questions about CCTV systems and provided tips on how to get the most out of yours.
If you are considering a CCTV system for your business, Eagle Eye One Security can provide a FREE consultation to help you choose the system that is best for your needs. We offer a variety of packages to suit every budget and our professional installation team will make sure your system is up and running in no time. Contact us today for more information.
Find Out How EEOS Security Can Help!
Contact us today for a FREE business security consultation and customized quote today.
CCTV System Companies Near Me
CCTV systems are a critical investment for business owners. By understanding the different types of business security systems available, business owners can make an informed decision about which system is right for their business. With so many options available, call your CCTV system company near you today!